We’re Back Open!
After being closed to the public for several months, we are delighted to announce the Crater Rock Museum has reopened! We’re open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM with a limited capacity. Reservations recommended. Masks are required. Read the guidelines below for more information. Come check out the new Space exhibit!
RULES FOR MUSEUM ADMISSION WHILE UNDER EXTREME RISK COVID-19 GUIDELINES
- Limited Capacity
- Museum admission now requires reservations. Reservations ahead of time are encouraged and preferable. Walk-ins are welcome, but you will still need to reserve the time-slot, and there is no guarantee that the soonest available time slot will be free for you and your party, unless you have made a prior reservation.
- Reservations must be paid in-full ahead of time. This is because Museum Admission is currently so limited. We are happy to move a reservation to a later date/time (availability dependent) if the party calls in advance. (2+ hour notice MINIMUM. 24 hours preferable). Reservations are non-refundable.
- Masks must be worn by all guests 2 years of age and older within the Museum. They must be masks or face coverings that follow state and CDC guidelines and there are no exceptions. If guests cannot wear a mask we will be happy to provide them with a non-expirable pass to return at a later date, when the mask mandates have lifted.
- Museum admission during this period (while we are under the Extreme Risk category) is limited to an hour if there are reservations later in the day. We will flex this for guests if there are no other visitors hoping to go through the exhibits. If visitors need more time than the hour to go through the Museum and there are reservations behind them, we can offer a non-expirable return pass as well.
- If visitors remove their masks within the Museum and exhibition halls, their reservation will immediately be void and they will be asked to leave immediately. Refunds will not be given for tours ended early due to mask removal.
- We are asking all guests for their assistance in minimizing what they touch within the Museum and exhibits. We will be sanitizing between reservations, but we have a small staff.
- ANYONE SHOWING SYMPTOMS IS ASKED TO CALL US TO MOVE THEIR RESERVATION. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE MUSEUM IF YOU ARE SYMPTOMATIC. WE THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.